Q1 = Premiere Building Automation System BAS
Q1s are assigned a purpose in field by loading application specific program. Programs are available for control of the following equipment
Many software apps are available as a free download: SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS
Q1 hardware is a multipurpose automation hardware with FT-10 and RS-485 network capabilities. Application specific programs library is included with the Configuration Tool. The Configuration tool is also referred to as an LNS Plug-in and is freely available for download by clicking the Download link at the bottom of this page. Included programs are available for most HVAC applications, irrigation, lighting, etc. The configuration tool can be used stand-alone or in conjunction with other open system network management tools such as LonMaker for Windows.
Q1 hardware is typically sold in one of five I/O configurations:
- Q1-188.8.131.52 = two resistive inputs, no universal inputs, two triac outputs, no analog outputs
- Q1-184.108.40.206-DP = two resistive inputs, no universal inputs, two triac outputs, no analog outputs with DP sensor
- Q1-220.127.116.11 = two resistive inputs, two universal inputs, four triac outputs, no analog outputs
- Q1-18.104.22.168-DP = two resistive inputs, two universal inputs, four triac outputs, no analog outputs with DP sensor
- Q1-22.214.171.124 = two resistive inputs, four universal inputs, five triac outputs, two analog outputs
- Q1-126.96.36.199-DP = two resistive inputs, four universal inputs, five triac outputs, two analog outputs with DP sensor
- Q1-188.8.131.52 = two resistive inputs, ten universal inputs, eight triac outputs, four analog outputs
- Q1-184.108.40.206-DP = two resistive inputs, ten universal inputs, eight triac outputs, four analog outputs with DP sensor
Additionally the part number may have a "-DP" or "RS485" suffix. The DP suffix adds a differential pressure sensor and RS-485 adds network capabilities using RS485 technology in addition to the on-board LonWorks FTT-10 main network.
The differential pressure sensor is an on-board 0-8 inch of H2O with software-adjustable scale and 20bit ADC for highest resolution in the industry. The DP is applicable to VAV control and air flow measurement, to filter pressure drop, to static pressure control on large Air Handlers. DP sensor does not consume any inputs specified by the part number, but connects to an internal port that is otherwise unused.
Q1s have an on-board 20V DC power supply used for energizing loop-powered 4-20mA sensors.
Universal inputs are software switchable between resistive (thermistor), voltage (0-10 VDC), and amperage (0-20 mA), There are no jumpers to worry about, no annoying external resistors, and no external power supplies for 4-20 mA sensors.
Outputs are digital triac with 24 VAC capability and analog 0-10 VDC. The analog outputs can also be used as digital and will generate 0 or 12V DC output for use with low coil current DC relays.
Primary network communications are based on LonTalk protocol and are topology free, polarity free for ease of installation. Single twisted pair network has a limit of 32,000 devices, and when combined with TCP-IP the limit goes up to 2 billion devices.
Enterprise Architecture pushes large network performance to the limits. When a large network is required, the Enterprise Architecture is a must. Click here to read more. Part 1, Part 2.